Friday 2 December 2011

Dresden - Winter steam and sparks


Off to Dresden tomorrow for some winter steam. I plan to visit 3 steam ng lines that provide a year-round service for both locals and tourists. These 3 lines are among the 8 former-East German ng lines that have transitioned from real steam to ???. Are they still real steam? Well, 1 of the lines I will visit still has a 5 am steam-hauled train which operates on school days. How real is that!

The lines I will visit are:

Lößnitzgrundbahn
Weißeritztalbahn
Zittauer Schmalspurbahn

I addition, I expect to see the Railway Touring Company tour passing through Dresden with mainline steam, the Dresden tram system which includes a Volkswagen freight tram and the Dresdener Park Railway (primarily operated by children). This line will be running Advent trains which I hope will be steam.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment